MedjetAssist is the premier air medical transport membership program for travelers. If a member is hospitalized more than 150 miles from home and meets transport criteria, Medjet will arrange medical transportation to the hospital of the member’s choice within their home country. MedjetAssist has its corporate headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, and is the exclusive provider of worldwide air ambulance and medical repatriation services for AARP.
- Members hospitalized more than 150 miles from home choose the medical facility within their home country to which they wish to be transported.
- If physically able to fly commercial, members always fly first or business class, accompanied by medical personnel; if commercial air travel is not medically tenable, members are evacuated by a fully medically equipped private jet.
- MedjetAssist is on hand, in consultation with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, to communicate with attending physicians caring for members anywhere in the world (through translators, if necessary).
- In addition, MedjetAssist provides members with access to medical professionals for consultations, medical and legal referrals, passport and visa services, and other member services.
- MedjetAssist also provides a travel security and crisis response option with MedjetHorizon. MedjetHorizon includes all of the renowned healthcare and air medical transport benefits of MedjetAssist’s classic membership plus ground ambulance transfer, specialty hospital transfer, personal travel advisories and medical emergency cash advance.
Short-term membership fees start at $99. Annual membership fees start at $270 per individual and $395 per family (up to 7 members, including spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent children).
Want to learn more about Medjet? Go to www.medjetassist.com