A Perfect Day in Paris: Inspired by Suggestions from Andrew Harper’s Paris App
Andrew Harper’s Paris App
Even after decades of annual visits, Paris continues to surprise and delight. Below are a few of my favorite recommendations for how to spend a singular day in the City of Light:
• Coffee, croissants and the paper in the garden of the Hotel de l’Abbaye followed by a mid-morning constitutional in the Luxembourg Gardens.
• Some clothes shopping at A.P.C., just off the park on rue Madame, in an attempt to disguise myself as fashionable local.
• A glass of crisp white Saint-Pourcain, a leek salad the cassoulet maison at the cozy bistro Au Bon Saint Pourcain, just north of the park.
• Afternoon coffee in the private garden of the Maison de l’Amerique Latine.
• Continuing along the boulevard to the Seine, then turning right to admire the spectacular array of antiques in Galerie J. Kugel along the quay Anatole France.
• Soak in the exterior of the Musee d’Orsay, an impressive Beaux-Arts railway station, before leaving it for another day.
• Dinner at nearby Le Balzar, near the Sorbonne: escargot in Chablis, duck confit, cheese plate and rum baba.
Download a complimentary sample guide of some of my favorite bistros, cafés, wine bars, small museums, specialty shops and quintessential Parisian experiences or for the complete guide, download Andrew Harper’s Paris app from the Apple iTunes store.